Inspiration Mondays: Calendar Geek

A little simplification would be the first step before rational living, I think. -- Eleanor Roosevelt
Whole hog or not at all, that's me. I have problems with moderation. I want the whole cake or none at all. I will leave a huge mess or clean the entire house. I want all yarn or no yarn.

Well, maybe not that last one.

I had some problems last week with nightmares about getting stuff done. I'm at this point in my life where I want to accomplish so much in one day that I end up planning every single minute to ensure that I make the most of it. It's a by-product of becoming a calorie-counter... anything I put in I must work off, and that takes time and energy, which must be found somewhere, and must be done sometime within the day. Plan, plan, plan...

But nightmares suck, so it's time for some simplification. And quite simply, I have to learn to get over the idea that I might not get everything I want when I want it. And not getting it means that I am not a failure. It just means I'm human.

The problem is, I'd rather have a little super-duper-bionicness than be human, but that ain't happening soon.

I'm going away for a few days to sunny California later on this week, and I think that will be a good time to reset myself and stop being such a calendar geek... not to let everything go completely, but to find a bit of balance and to be a bit kinder to myself. I'll do a bit of knitting and enjoy a change of scenery, some good food, and some fresh air. The early morning flight will require a bit of planning (4am wake up call? Yikes!), but after that, it's moderation time, baby. I will be moderate. Watch me be moderate, people. I will moderate the heck out of this vacation...

Tally ho...


Comments

YarnKettle said…
Ok I disagree with you on the no cake business, but I understand planning especially before a trip. I never sleep well the night before because I am always afraid I will oversleep.
Warm yourself in the nice CA sun. Tally Ho!